Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dankeshane

I sit bewildered in St Catharine Ontario, wondering how I was lifted out of Jeddah, that magical place. In’Shallah I suppose.

It is rather painful to think of those I had made a true heart connection with that I had left behind. One of the hardest things was driving away in our motorcade as everyone dried their eyes and buried their heads.

I had one of the most pivotal realizations / revelations to date in my life in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It came to me while I was sweating out 3 liters of fluid, climbing the mountain, with ass burning on the dance floor in Diana’s Wednesday morning spin class. I knew in that moment, that if I could truly be happy as a pig in shit, at peace, and overflowing with joy in Jeddah Saudi Arabia, then I could be happy, at peace, joyous, and comfortable in my own skin anywhere in the world.

The guidance and divine will that placed me there would support me on my lifelong journey.

This knowingness still however does not however alleviate the heaviness of my heart as I wash through the waves of emotional tides that have been tsunamis over the past couple months.

I hope that everyone has the opportunity in their lives to embrace the raciness of a Russian Lucy causing cans of Red Bull to pop up in pockets.

There was the sweetest most beautiful Brazilian Sylvia, who is the envy of the whole compound with her perfect Brazilian bottom. She has been the inspiration behind my dream of walking on the beach in Rio in a thong. I only hope I get there before my ass hangs to my knees. ☺

There was Lebanese Diana, who I pretended was my personal trainer full of pizzazz and motivation.

MariChu, was my Filipina sister who always called me Darling.

Amani was my kickboxing partner, who stretched it out with me on more than one occasion. She was intriguing to me, and I loved her level headedness and quiet nature.

Bulgarian Bobby and German Sven, our weekend party warriors, we shared many laughs, and hangovers.

I was so honoured to be embraced and an influential part in Samantha, and Krisztina’s spiritual quest. Working with both of them was such a blessing beyond belief.

Abu Talib our driver was the most gracious person I had ever met. He was a real cracker behind the wheel in a pinch as well, which comes in handy in Saudi. Talib you have touched our families heart, and are part of our family now and always.

Sepali you will always be a part of our hearts and home, bless you!

Ayah and Bassam were our Saudi family whom we broke all the rules with.

Mr.Saad what can I really say. You beamed with positivity and love daily. You truly are my brother from many lives gone by. We send you love and light daily in our prayers. Your godly voice echoes through our home to remind us of our love of call to prayer.

To the members of the PFJ: British Richard in particular: splitters!

I could never forget the South Africans, who are never phased by anything. Karen and Johan throw a mean bri while bullets ricochet and grenades breech the compound walls. Their friendship, and support carried us through a few difficult up and down months to which we are truly grateful for. You are both very special to us!

Last but not least the lovely Irish Tracy, the channel of Saint Rita herself. I catch myself believing I see you everywhere here in Niagara. You welcomed us into your home and heart without question, your kindness, understanding, support, and unconditional love where an inspiration to our whole family. I light a candle nightly in honour of our friendship, and Tyl sings you Happy Birthday at the top of his lungs with his blond hair brilliant as the desert sun.

I suppose this is really a thank you note to all of you. It just began to be a bit of a run on ramble while consuming a bottle of Australian Shiraz. Which I am sure you will all appreciate and envy. I can say in confidence I do not miss the ribena homemade wine hang overs one bit.

Just know that somewhere in the world there is a family of Canadians who will forever be changed by your kindness, support, and generosity. We hold you all in such high regard within our hearts.

Bless!

1 comment: